Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Winter Wardrobe Idea!

Dear Link Lover,

It's been incredibly cold here in southeastern Idaho for the last week or so, and I mean cold!!!!!! With daily high temps in the single digits, I have given in to a new wardrobing system: I now wear (at least) two of everything. Two pairs of socks, two pairs of pants, two shirts. In fact, now I know why guys wear a undershirt under their SHIRT-shirt. To venture outside I now layer my heavy winter coat over a jacket or heavy sweatshirt, which I layer over a long sleeved shirt layered over a t-shirt. I also wear two mufflers, one under my coat and the other over it and around the breathing part of my face. And, of course, I wear two pairs of gloves. If I could wear two pairs of shoes, I would.

Remember the old Cosby show? The Huxtables were always wearing those heavy woolly sweaters during the winter. In one episode, Bill took a half an hour bundling little Rudy up so thick that her arms stuck straight out to the sides; and then, of course, she had to go to the bathroom.

Living in California, as we did for so long, you just can't appreciate the cold until you experience it for yourself. People around here take it in stride. In fact, they often walk around in t-shirts, as though they don't even notice the blue skin and the frost bite.

All I know is, if it's going to be this cold, there better be some freakin' snow around here by Christmas!

Yours,

S. K. Keepin' It Warm!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home